Sunshine Coast Airport Master Plan
Council have released their Airport Master Plan. This document sets out how the airport will be developed over time to accommodate the future needs of the airport and the community as they grow over the next 20 years and beyond.
|Sunshine Coast Airport||Today||2040 (forecast)|
|Domestic and international destinations||4||8|
|Passengers per annum||1.2 million||approx. 3 million|
|Contribution to GRP (annually)||$75 million||$170 million|
|Direct and indirect employment generation||720||2080|
|Gateway for Sunshine Coast regional population growth||350,000||500,000|
Drop-in information displays will be held during the community engagement period and details can be found on the Airport’s website. Feedback can be provided at the drop-in information displays or submitted online.
All submissions received during this period will be considered and addressed in the development of the Draft Master Plan that will then be submitted to Sunshine Coast Council for consideration and approval.
The Draft Master Plan document can be viewed here.
Infill Development Incentives Policy extended to June 2022
Sunshine Coast Council is partnering with Unitywater in a development incentive scheme that aims to encourage infill development in the approved activity areas of Nambour and Caloundra. The scheme provides reductions in infrastructure charges for development within the targeted areas that increases demand and takes advantage of spare capacity in the existing Council infrastructure networks.
Examples of the incentive:
- An existing dwelling with 200m2 gfa is to be replaced by 500m2 gfa of office. The Council network charge of $52,000 will reduce by 50% to $26,000.
- An existing 3 bedroom duplex dwelling with 400m2 gfa is to be replaced by 10 x 2 bedroom multiple dwelling units. The Council network charge of $78,000 will reduce by 50% to $39,000.
- A vacant commercial lot is to be developed with 2,000 m2 of retail. The Council network charge of $336,000 will reduce by 50% to $168,000.
Additionally, applicants may apply for a staged payment arrangement with a 25% initial payment and the balance paid in no more than four six-monthly instalments. (Note that an interest rate of 7% per annum applies to any unpaid balance for the approved staged payment period.)
This version of the Logan City Council planning scheme will give effect to the following amendments:
- Miscellaneous Major Amendment No. 1
- Miscellaneous Major Amendment No. 2
- Logan Reserve Land Use Area Amendment
- Auxiliary Unit Amendment
- Industry Thresholds Amendment
- Desired Standards of Service Interim Local Government Infrastructure Plan Amendment
- Desired Standards of Service Planning Scheme Policy Amendment
- State Planning Instruments Mapping Alignment Amendment
- Minor and Administrative Amendment No. 4
Please find the link to Logan City Council Planning Scheme here.
Ipswich City Council is in Stage 1 of their new Planning Scheme.
Consultation on the statement of proposals document (including the draft strategic framework) has commenced and is available for public viewing and input until Friday, 28 June 2019.
For your convenience, the link to Council’s website is here.