Brisbane City Council
Have your say on proposed amendments to Brisbane City Plan 2014 (City Plan)
Brisbane City Council are currently seeking feedback on proposed amendments to the City Plan.
Closing Mon 26th August
Restricting townhouses & apartments from the low density residential zone
The proposed amendment intends to:
- remove provisions in zone codes, development codes and neighbourhood plans supporting Multiple dwellings (townhouses and apartments) in the Low density residential zone
- amend other relevant provisions in City Plan to align with this change, including amendments to the Strategic Framework, and make necessary consequential amendments.
Increased car parking requirements for suburban multiple dwellings
Key changes include increasing to 2 parking spaces for 2 and 3 bedroom units and 2.5 parking spaces for 4 or more bedroom units. Visitor parking is also being increased.
Closing Mon 9th September
Major amendment package C
- service station & industrial development – refined assessment criteria
- air quality modelling – new air quality (planning) criteria & odour criteria
- updates to industry thresholds
- changes to streetscape hierarchy
- heritage and character – clarification on commercial character building provisions & extension of some local heritage places boundaries
- clarification on bushfire assessment requirements
- updated heritage and streetscape hierarchy overlay mapping
Brisbane City Council have further links and information regarding citywide amendments to the city plan which can be found HERE.
Making a properly made submission will ensure your say is considered as a formal part of the process for amending City Plan. Should you require any further information in relation to this planning scheme amendment or a specific property, please contact our office.