Qualifications / Memberships
Bachelor Planning – James Cook University
Graduate Certificate Project Management
Planning Institute of Australia (PIA)
Since commencing his career as a consultant in 2013, Sam Robinson, Town Planner has acquired a diverse range of experience within the Queensland planning framework, having practiced in both the public and private sectors.
Though currently based on the Sunshine Coast, Sam’s background from North Queensland and experience across the State has afforded him experience with a vast number of local government areas, which has contributed to a range of skills including:
- The provision of planning advice to assist with Due Diligence investigations;
- The preparation and management of Development Applications with both local and State Governments;
- Development Assessment on behalf of regional local governments;
- Knowledge of a range of relevant State legislation, including the Planning Act 2016, Land Act 1994 and Environmental Protection Act 1994;
- Management of a diverse portfolio of public and private clients;
- Referral and management of applications to the Commonwealth Government under the EPBC Act;
- Preparation of Expert Witness reports;
- The understanding of Local Government Infrastructure Plans and Trunk Infrastructure matters; and,
- Assistance with the preparation of strategic planning instruments, including Planning Schemes and Variation Requests.
Given the breadth of experience across different matters and local government areas, Sam has recognised the need for unique and tailored outcomes relative to the nature of the project. Despite planning processes often being multi-faceted, Sam has recognised one crucial common element with every project – the importance of a result-driven and quality outcome in an efficient manner which meets the client’s expectations.