Qualifications / Memberships
BA (Human Geography) & D.TownPlanning – University Of New England
Planning Institute of Australia (PIA)
QLD Environmental Law Association (QELA)
Property Council of Australia
Director, Pete Sparkes is an experienced town planning and development consultant with a wealth of knowledge across various development sectors and has considerable experience in negotiating with local and state government departments. Holding qualifications from the University of New England, Pete has multidisciplinary experience spanning 19 years in town planning consultancy and surveying practices. Pete manages the Rockhampton and Central Queensland operations of Adams + Sparkes, whilst maintaining strong connections with clients, projects and allied consultants in the South East Queensland region.
Pete possesses a strong statutory planning background in development proposals across a broad spectrum of land uses with skills in due diligence and highest and best use advice, statutory planning advice and dispute resolution. Having been responsible for managing hundreds of planning and development applications across Queensland, his wealth of experience across the various development sectors and his enthusiastic outlook means he is equipped to deal with the challenges that development proposals often bring.
- Preparation of comprehensive planning and development advice for clients throughout Queensland and New South Wales, including assessment of potential development options in relation to all applicable planning requirements and preparation of due diligence advice.
- Project management of large development applications and Ministerial Designations for various Community Infrastructure Projects (Electricity Infrastructure).
- Project management and approvals coordination for large residential, commercial and industrial developments on a variety of scales.
- Extensive use of a variety of Planning Schemes for Local Governments throughout Queensland and New South Wales, including Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Bundaberg, Townsville, Toowoomba, Coffs Harbour City and Orange City.
- Negotiation and dispute resolution with various Local and State Government Agencies and allied professional consultants.
- Development and implementation of stakeholder engagement strategies for a variety of development projects.