Qualifications / Memberships
Bachelor Regional and Urban Planning – Sunshine Coast University
Graduate Certificate Project Management
Planning Institute of Australia (PIA)
Michael Lyell, Senior Town Planner, is an experienced town planner, who contains an excellent understanding of contemporary town planning issues and has built a strong professional network through holding roles as a consultant town planner and Sunshine Coast Council since 2012. Michael has experience with a range of local governments throughout Queensland and has managed development applications in Victoria and New South Wales. Michael possesses organisational and communication skills, which are utilised to deliver positive outcomes in a timely and efficient manner.
Michael has strong analytical skills and has considerable experience in preparing planning advice and applications, including highest and best use reports, code and impact assessable development applications as well as Variation Requests. Michael brings a positive, results focussed attitude.
- Preparation and coordination of a range of development applications including large commercial, industrial, mixed use and residential development;
- Extensive understanding of local government planning schemes throughout Queensland, Victoria and New South Wales, including Sunshine Coast Council, Brisbane City Council, Noosa Council;
- Preparation of application strategies to maximised success of Development Applications;
- Preparation of submissions against local government planning schemes and Development Applications;
- Involvement in without prejudice discussions and mediation during various planning appeals;
- Preparation of Highest and Best Use Reporting and site analysis